The Foundation for Responsible Television is a 501 (c)(3) which was founded in 1994. To date, its purpose has been to raise funds to produce and promote the McCuistion Television Program on Public Television. Funds are provided by foundations, corporations, and individuals.
Members of the Foundation for Responsible Television Board of Directors bring a wealth of experience and vision in support of the Foundation’s mission and the McCuistion Program’s structure and function. They help make sure the organization is being run effectively, highlighted by four basic principles of board responsibility:
- Determining mission and program
- Ensuring effective oversight
- Providing resources
- Participating in community outreach
They view fundraising as an essential aspect of their board positions, seek to work in partnership with volunteers and staff, often make personal contributions, and provide guidance and direction toward community resources, needs, opportunities, and relationships.
Present Board Members
The Advisory Council is a select group of individuals who commit to one or more of these actions:
- Assist in procuring funds for the foundation’s programs
- Contribute time/services to the Foundation for Responsible Television
- Promote the foundation’s programs and goals in the community and through other media sources
We welcome your involvement. For more information on becoming a Chairman’s Council Member, contact us today.