Dennis and Terry Brock bumped into – not by accident, Richard Viguerie; Chairman of Conservative HQ.com and author of Conservatives Betrayed, at the recent Freedom Fest in Las Vegas.
Richard had quite a lot to say on what Americans need to do to preserve their freedoms. According to Richard,
There are a number of important points I and others made here…I want to emphasize that I’m talking to the fed up American who feels forgotten… issues from health care to taxes, rule of government, and bailouts…the Supreme Court battle right now, this unites all of us who are forgotten. We need to fight this battle and express ourselves.
In October of 2006, Viguerie commented on the Republican party:
The big-spending, high-deficit, morally-deficient Republican Party hasn’t anything to offer conservatives except Halloween scare tactics about the Democrats. But since the GOP majority in Congress has engaged in an unprecedented spending spree, conservatives know that Democrats cannot be any worse and that divided government may lead to less spending,
And conservatives have learned that, while Republicans sometimes provide significant symbolism on social issues, in truth, many of them have a disdain for values voters.
Republicans should enter into a new contract with the voters to include such items as:
- A complete termination of “earmarks” and pork barrel spending in appropriations bills. Opposition to all increases in non-defense spending.
- A constitutional amendment to balance the budget and limit taxes.
- Making permanent all of the temporary tax cuts and pushing for significant additional tax relief.
- Recommit to securing the border with Mexico to stop the invasion of illegal aliens.
- Fighting hard for the confirmation of strict constructionists to the federal judiciary.
- Energy independence through increased exploration for oil, development of coal resources, and expansion of nuclear energy.
- Appointment of many more Reagan-type conservatives, rather than big-business establishment Republicans.
Let’s hear what he has to say at Freedom Fest.
And as always, thanks for joining us…as we talk about things that matter with people who care.
Niki Nicastro McCuistion