Nonprofit organizations are doing acts of service that are necessary for community growth and advancement. Currently, there are 2 million tax exempt organizations across the country and half of them are charitable. In Part One of a two-part series on community nonprofit organizations, Dennis McCuistion and the panelists take a look at community nonprofit organizations. Specifically, they seek to answer the following questions:
- What do you need to know in order to volunteer or donate?
- What is the purpose of nonprofit organizations?
- What are the tax benefits they are the able to enjoy?
Join us Sunday, July 18, 2010 on KERA, Channel 13 for Part one of a two-part series on non-profit organizations, entitled: What You Need to Know About Nonprofit Organizations.
Joining host, Dennis McCuistion, are:
- Lois G. Lerner, Director of the Exempt Organizations Division of the IRS
- Cynthia B. Nunn, President, Center for Nonprofit Management
- Jan Soifer, Attorney: Lawrence & Soifer LLP
- Teresa A. Wright, Executive Director, Funding Information Center
- Ronnie C. McClure, PhD, CPA, Wealth Management Consultant
Thank you for joining us as we talk about things that matter… with people who care.
All McCuistion TV episodes can be found in the program directory, where you can both watch the videos and interact with the McCuistion team and other viewers. You can also follow McCuistion TV on Twitter.